I've got at least 600 miles on these and they're holding up great. As far as the zipper sliding down i haven't had that problem. When you flip the lever down it locks the zipper closed. Nice YKK zipper. I was worried about the size because I wear a 14B hiking boot. I wear a Dunham Cloud. They just fit. I don't have to stretch the crap out of them to get them on. One thing i really like is that you can take them off and put them on without taking off your shoes unlike a certain other brand out there. Also I wear a taller sock so the gaiters never rub on my skin. If these ever wear out I'll buy another pair.
INSTAgaiter™ Ultra-Light Gaiter
Fast & Light Gaiter
Travel Farther, Faster
Hit the ground running with these light, breathable gaiters that are always ready when you are. Durable, stretch-woven nylon coated with DWR seals out dust, debris and unexpected rain showers, while allowing your feet to breathe during high-output activities like trail running or fast and light hiking. A low-profile and extremely tough instep strap tucks up and out of the way so it won’t slow you down. And for a quick getaway, the entire unit can be kept on your shoes between adventures.
- Replaceable instep strap with 1000 mile warranty
- 3D Performance Fit for more coverage and better fit
- Side zipper closure for comfort and easy on/off
- Lightweight, breathable, water-resistant construction
- Replaceable Instep Strap - Our unique instep strap comes with a 1000 mile warranty and is designed to be ultra-durable, low-profile and easily adjustable.
- 3D Performance Fit - Our strategically tensioned, two-piece design covers more of the shoe or boot and stays firmly in place while in use to seal out more moisture, dust, dirt and debris.
- Side Zipper Closure - This carefully designed and tested gaiter closure adds comfort and makes putting them on and taking them off a breeze. Lower the zipper halfway and they can be kept on a boot or shoe between adventures.
- Stretch-Woven Nylon Construction - The 84% Stretch-Woven Nylon / 16% polyurethane blend with a water-resistant DWR coating is light, breathable and tough.
Machine wash cold on delicate. Do not bleach or use fabric softeners. Tumble dry low. Do not iron. Do not dry clean.
Your satisfaction is our top priority. All Kahtoola gaiters are designed and field-tested for your most demanding adventures and are backed by a 1-year limited warranty. Products are warrantied to the original owner only and will be replaced or repaired at Kahtoola’s discretion.
Write a Review
Write a Review
INSTAgaiter™ Ultra-Light Gaiter
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These are a great pair of gaiters. My only issue with them is that the zipper slides down while walking but especially when I try to cinch the top drawstring tighter. Wish there was a way to secure the zipper. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
These gaiters are made to last. I've put them through enough trials to know. The quality level is good even though they are made in Cambodia. Functionally they're easy to take on and off. The only knit pick I have with them is I wish they had a way to secure the zipper from coming undone. The zipper usually stays secure on its own but every once in a while it tries to open up. I like the fact they chose a strong zipper and so far I haven't broke the pull tab or any zipper teeth. I also like the cinch at the top of the ankle and the only knit pick I have with that is I wish I could tuck the long cord away some place. It's more of an eyesore and not bothersome otherwise. Overall very happy with these gaiters.
I wanted a gaiter i could put on and take off without taking of my shoes. I wear a size 14 shoe and the size chart said L/XL was only up to 13. I gave them a try anyway and after moving the stirrup out all the way I got them on just fine. They're a little snug but that's ok with me. They won't move around. I have a piece of velcro on the back from my other gaiters so the back stayed in place. I wear a Dumham Cloud which is not a small boot. I like that the lace hook points down. Easier to take off.
Exactly what I was looking for. Top quality and lightweight, durable exactly what I needed in Hot and extremely Humid South Carolina. I ordered size to small. Called and very pleasant lady said she would get larger pair in mail and I could send back smaller size, no problem. What send replacement before you get return?? Yes, no problem she said. I told her this courtesy and level of customer service was exceptional when dealing with the Web. Good people to do business with. Rick PS; satisfied customer!!