CAREERS AT KAHTOOLA
Marketing Communications Coordinator Associate
Marketing & Communications Associate
February 2021 – Kahtoola, Inc
Kahtoola is an outdoor equipment design and manufacturing company with a history of product innovation and excellence. Headquartered in the beautiful mountain town of Flagstaff, AZ, all our Associates work closely as a team to best address the opportunities and challenges of growing our business.
Founded in 1999, Kahtoola is a market leader in winter traction gear and gaiters and is positioned for strong growth in other outdoor product categories. In addition to making high-quality products, we actively support social and environmental responsibility, foster strong community relationships, and inspire outdoor adventure. As Associates, we are a company of quality aficionados who love great gear and getting outside. We work hard to take on business challenges together while enjoying a supportive, fun, and casual work environment.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be passionate about the growth of a premium brand in the outdoor industry.
- Be energized by working for a company dedicated to designing and manufacturing best in class outdoor gear.
- Recognize the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships within Kahtoola and with our external partners.
- Be motivated to take environmental and social issues into consideration to operate as a responsible company.
- Enjoy collaborating with and playing a key role in an energetic, motivated, and talented team.
In this year-round, full-time role you will be a key part of Kahtoola’s Marketing and Communications team and be challenged to use your creative and logistical mind to help achieve company goals . This position requires you to actively collaborate with other Associates to develop brand direction, messaging, and stories for Kahtoola’s workbook, advertisements, catalogues, sales support materials, email newsletters, social media, outreach, and all other marketing and communications assets, as well as be a critical player in event planning and execution for tradeshows and sponsored events. This role will require you to maintain schedules, timelines, and calendars in order to organize and execute multiple, ongoing projects to ensure they are delivered on time and with high quality. The successful candidate will be a creative thinker with exceptional communication skills and fantastic time management. They will also have knowledge of marketing and branding best practices, be up-to-date on industry trends, and possess excellent project management and critical thinking skills.
In order to help achieve overall business success, you will actively contribute to overall brand, product development and communications. This role is an integral part of the entire Kahtoola team and must be undertaken with an emphasis on open communication and collaboration with all Associates (Sales, Shipping, Administration, and Product Design and Development).
- Collaborate to effectively and creatively tell the world the story of Kahtoola, utilizing various marketing tools and techniques.
- Participate in content creation which could include: researching, formulating, creating, and editing of consistent copy and content across all marketing channels.
- Participate in the creation and execution of sales support materials, email newsletters, outreach, and all other marketing and communications assets.
- Execute regular content updates, maintain product pages and dealer asset pages, and work with outside resources for troubleshooting and technical support for Kahtoola’s external facing website as needed.
- Event planning and activation of events including on-site support for Kahtoola events by engaging with all attendees, managing raffles and awards, and analyzing the success of each event to propose future improvements.
- Assist with trade show logistics by organizing schedules, submitting applications and registrations, working with show representatives, coordinating changes to trade show booths, finding and managing accommodations and meals, and performing booth set up and tear down.
- Participate in the creation and management of social media campaigns including: posting, fostering relationships with our community by engaging outside of Kahtoola, creating and executing engagement strategies, and replying to messages and requests.
- Cultivate positive working relationships with outside vendors, representatives, and contractors while working collaboratively when negotiating pricing for products and/or services.
- Evaluate sponsorship opportunities, propose sponsorship requests, and provide assets to those that we sponsor.
- Assist with giveaways (such as Kahtoola’s TransRockies giveaway) in all aspects of the process, including: nominations, evaluating received nominations, and coordinating the advisory board.
- Successfully assist with asset management and coordination of photographers including collaborating on shot lists, sending gear, coordinating models, and managing licenses.
- Other duties as assigned may be required.
General Kahtoola responsibilities:
- Communicate cross-functionally to maintain transparency, a cohesive team atmosphere, and to drive effective execution.
- Engage in company decision-making through close collaboration with fellow Associates.
- Provide fellow team members insights from customers and industry contacts to guide and support timely, well-informed business decisions, and forecast updates.
- Participate in product development and testing activities.
- Participate in company events (trade shows, sponsored events, fundraisers, etc.).
The successful candidate will:
- Be schedule driven and thrive in comprehensively coordinating complex projects and events in a collaborative and supportive manner.
- Truly enjoy collaborating as part of a diverse team.
- Be energized by wearing multiple hats within marketing and communications, and juggling multiple ongoing and diverse projects.
- Be consistently detail-oriented with an ability to multitask, organize, prioritize, and re-prioritize based on changing needs.
- Be comfortable working within specified schedules and demonstrate excellent ability to meet deadlines.
- Remain composed and be adaptable when situations take unexpected turns.
- Be excited and motivated by meeting new people and representing Kahtoola at on-site events.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent advanced degree in Marketing, Communications or related field is highly desired.
- Minimum 2 years to 5 years experience working in a marketing and/or communications role.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite and WordPress is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Up to two months per year of travel will be required once onsite events such as trade shows resume in-person operations.
Kahtoola is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Kahtoola requires all applicants to be eligible to work in the US.
|Currently we don’t have any open positions.