NANOspikes®? MICROspikes®? KTS/K•10 Hiking Crampons?
All Kahtoola traction products are designed for use with flexible footwear, allowing you to move freely through the natural world.
- Activity: Running, walking.
- Location: Roads, streets, urban trails.
- Conditions: Ice, packed snow.
- Shoe/Boot Style: Road and trail running shoes.
*Tungsten carbide spikes are extremely durable and wear-resistant; allow for smooth transition between ice and snow and pavement; and will not affect gait and/or stride during use.
- Activity: Hiking, running, backpacking, walking, ice fishing.
- Location: Trails, off-trail terrain.
- Conditions: Ice, packed snow, mixed snow/ice with rocks.
- Shoe/Boot Style: Trail running shoes, hiking/backpacking/pack boots.
*Stainless-steel spikes allow for transition through limited amounts of rocks, mud, and dirt; may affect gait and/or stride on hard surfaces; and repeated contact with rocks will accelerate wear on spikes.
KTS and K•10 Hiking Crampons
- Activity: Hiking, backpacking, non-technical mountaineering.
- Location: Rugged trails, mountainous off-trail terrain.
- Conditions: Ice, packed snow, all-around snow/ice with rocks.
- Shoe/Boot Style: Hiking shoes, hiking/backpacking boots.
*Chromoly steel spikes offer superior traction; downward-facing angle of front spikes allow 10 points of contact across stride, and bindings function independently to maintain secure fit throughout every step.